Sunriver Art Fair 2019
Village at Sunriver
Sunriver, Oregon (West)
Event Dates: 8/9/19 – 8/11/19
Application Deadline: 3/4/19 Midnight PST
We are proud to announce that 2019 marks the 10th anniversary of the Sunriver Art Fair!
Started by a group of women motivated by a love of art and the desire to help the less fortunate in their community, the fair has continued to be successful year after year.
This years fair will be held August 9, 10, and 11, 2019 in beautiful Sunriver, Oregon in a charming outdoor village setting. Sponsored by the Sunriver Women’s Club (SRWC), all proceeds earned by the club from application and booth fees help support worthy nonprofits in Central Oregon.
August is high season in Central Oregon’s premier vacation getaway. Located 15 miles south of Bend, Sunriver is a planned residential and resort community. The combined population of Sunriver, Bend, and the surrounding area is over 100,000. During peak season, upwards of 20,000 visitors are common, augmenting a large and appreciative buying audience. The Art Fair coincides with the annual Sunriver Music Festival, a major event that draws many visitors who are interested in the arts.
The Sunriver Art Fair is dedicated to supporting visiting artists to ensure that they have a successful experience. Feedback from a few of our 2018 artists:
“You provide a wonderful venue and are the ultimate hosts!”
“You provide such as amazing experience for the artists.”
“This is one of my favorite shows to…
Background and Purpose:
The Sunriver Art Fair is the major fundraiser for the Sunriver Women’s Club philanthropy efforts. Since 2000, the SRWC has distributed over $500,000 in cash and goods from our various activities to organizations that support the arts and education and provide assistance to vulnerable families.
In 2016 and 2017, ArtFairInsiders.com named the Sunriver Art Fair one of the top 50 Art Shows in the Nation and ranked it # 1in the Best Small Town Art Fair category. The art shows in the survey are chosen by a nomination survey sent every other year asking art fair patrons to nominate the shows they think should be on the survey.
Thursday, August 8
• 7:00 am – 7:00 pm: Registration and set-up for artists.
(Security will be provided Thursday night)
Note: Set-up must be completed on Thursday; Friday morning set-up is not allowed.
Friday, August 9
• 9:30 am – 6:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
Saturday, August 10
• 9:30 am – 6:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
Sunday, August 11
•9:30 am – 4:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
• 4:00 pm – until done: Artist take-down (Please note: no early take-down allowed)
* December 3, 2018 – Date artists may begin submitting applications on ZAPP
* March 4, 2019 – Application deadline (we cannot extend this deadline)
* April 5, 2019 – Date by which artists will be notified if they have been accepted
* April 19, 2019 – Deadline for artists to accept or decline invitation to participate
* May 3, 2019 – Booth Fee Due (directly to SRWC; not paid through ZAPP)
* April 27, 2019 – Signed Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement received by the Sunriver Women’s Club
* June 28, 2018 – Full refund deadline
Standards and Rules:
Artists in all fine arts and fine crafts are welcome to apply. Artists must be present during all show hours, all days, and show only their own work in the category in which they are accepted.
- Booth size: 10×10 uniform throughout. An individual artist may purchase a second 10×10 adjacent booth space for an additional fee for their use only.
- Booth space may not be shared by artists.
- All artists must have their booths set up and operational by 10 am Friday, August 10, 2019.
- No pets allowed at the booths except service dogs.
- All exhibited products must be for sale. They must be original work crafted by the participating artist. (Limited reproductions of and with the original art are acceptable.)
- All work exhibited must be of the quality and category that were shown in the images submitted with the application.
- Not acceptable for sale at the fair: Items made from kits, tumbled stones sold separately, embellished objects, manufactured objects, imported objects, mass-produced goods, edible items, candles, and personal care items.
- Overnight security is provided; however, it is strongly recommended that artists remove or secure all work and other personal property before leaving each evening. Any property exhibited or left at the fair site will be at the sole risk of the artist, and the SRWC will not be held responsible for any theft of or damage to artists’ work or other personal property.
Fees and Cancellation Policy:
- Applications for the fair are accepted only through ZAPP at www.zapplication.org
- Each application requires a $35 non-refundable fee.
- Booth Fee is $350 per 10×10 space for each artist who is juried into the fair and chooses to participate.
- A 2nd 10×10 adjacent space for the SAME ARTIST is $350, making a total of $700 for the 2 adjacent spaces.
- Booth Fees (payable directly to the SRWC) are due by May 3, 2019.
- Refunds: In order to receive a booth-fee refund, we must receive written notification (email acceptable)
- After June 28, 2019, refunds will be given only if we can fill that booth space. We will make every effort to do.
- No refunds will be given due to bad weather.
- There is a $25 penalty fee for any returned check.
- All sales receipts are income to the artist. We do not take a percentage of artists’ earnings.
- There is no sales tax in Oregon. Enjoy!
Services for Artists:
We will provide:
• Assistance locating lodging: rentals, RV parks, campgrounds, stays in local homes, etc.
• Designated parking area for artists.
• Security on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 6:00pm to 7:00am the following morning.
• Hospitality Center with food, drink, rest area, and more.
• Floating volunteers (“booth sitters”) to provide breaks for artists.
• Electricity at some booths, no charge. This must be requested in advance (a booth preference questionnaire will be sent in June to all participating artists).